Here's the latest news around the country and the world that can affect insurance agents and clients:
- Home Insurance, but With a Philanthropic Twist - New App Lemonade offers insurance directly to clients.
- Is Flood Insurance Expensive? - The Hill weighs in.
- Insurance group picks its safest 2017 vehicles - Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)'s list of safest vehicles is out now.
- Insurance Crime Watchdog Reveals Mystery Device Used by Vehicle Thieves - Thieves are now using a sophisticated new device to break into and start car
- A Look Back at 2016 Atlantic Hurricane Season - A summary of this year's hurricane season.
- For Cash-Strapped Workers, ‘Insurance on Insurance’ - More and more companies are offering supplemental insurance to fill in the gaps.
- 2016 Business Insurance Women to Watch - Some truly outstanding women on this list.
Many get hit with surprise 'out-of-network' bill after emergency rooms: Study - New study from researchers at Yale finds that 1 out of 5 patients are hit with out-of-network fees when going to the ER
- Getting Only 5-6 Hours of Sleep Per Night Nearly Doubles Crash Risk - New research from the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety shows that not getting enough sleep can increase car crashes.