Whether you're new to the insurance industry or a veteran, you never stop learning. Insurance is a constantly changing business, and as people's needs and wants change, you can bet our industry will continue to transform and evolve. That's why every agent should keep up with the latest news by following the movers and shakers in the industry.
Of course, aside from corporate newsletters and blogs, it's good to widen your knowledge and see what everyone else is saying and doing. You never know what you'll learn, and you can keep your eyes peeled for any major changes. So, here are the 12 insurance blogs every agent should read:
12 Blogs Every Insurance Agent Should Read
1) Healthinsurance.org - Since 1984, Health Insurance Resource center has been the top source for in-depth information on health insurance. Their blog has all the latest news and info on anything and everything healthcare.
2) Lexis Nexis Community Insurance Law - Law and insurance have always gone hand-in-hand. Lexis Nexis is one of the most trusted names in legal information, and this blog can help you if you have any legal questions.
3) NAIFA - NAIFA, or the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisers runs their own blog, keeping professionals up-to-date on everything happening in Washington that can affect the industry.
4) Property and Casualty 360 - If you do a lot of home, car, and other types of casualty insurance, then you should definitely visit this blog daily. They have tons of information and advice for buyers and owners, but even agents can get a lot out of the hundreds of articles on the site.
5) The Insurance Word Blog - This blog, sponsored by non-profit organization Life Happens, has a more consumer-based focus but is also a great place for agents looking for articles to share on their social media or even get some fresh ideas.
6) The Home Insurance Blog - There are numerous blogs devoted to home insurance, but The Home Insurance Blog has tons of interesting, informative, and witty articles.
7) Corporate Insurance Blog - Scott Goades runs this blog about insurance for people in the corporate sphere geared towards in-house counsel, corporate policyholders, and risk managers.
8) Specialty Insurance Blog - Since some types of insurance are in a narrow niche, they might not have their own blog. If you can't find information about a specific type of insurance, then check out the Specialty Insurance Blog, which covers a multitude of topics, including professional liability insurance.
9) The Consumer Insurance Blog - Although this blog is geared towards insurance buyers, you'll still be able to get tons of information you may not know about, including the latest news, tips, and information.
10) Bankrate's Insurance Blog - This site has various tools and calculators that you or your clients may find useful.
11) Terms and Conditions Blog - The Insurance Information Institute is one of the leading sources of knowledge for the industry and their blog is a must-read for any agent.
12) Learnvest - Although insurance is just one part of this blog's focus, it's still chock-full of educational and interesting articles for financial and insurance services agents.
And there you have it - the 12 blogs that are a must-read for insurance agents! By following these blogs, you'll always be up-to-date with the latest news and info in the industry and hopefully, serve clients better!